I’ve put together a list of books that I’m interested in buying. Each of the books listed is most likely in a category where I need to read more. After you look over the list, feel free to offer any suggestions of books that I should check out, especially in the categories listed.
- Holman Bible Atlas: A Complete Guide to the Expansive Geography of Biblical History (Broadman & Holman Reference) by Thomas V. Brisco (Author)
- Holman Book of Biblical Charts, Maps, and Reconstructions by Marsha A. Ellis Smith (Editor)
- It’s Still Greek to Me: An Easy-to-Understand Guide to Intermediate Greek by David Alan Black
- New Testament Commentary Set, 12 Volumes by William Hendriksen (Author), Simon J. Kistemaker (Author)
- Effective Biblical Counseling: A Model for Helping Caring Christians Become Capable Counselors by Larry Crabb
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change (Resources for Changing Lives) by Paul David Tripp
- Strategic Pastoral Counseling: A Short-Term Structured Model by David G. Benner
- Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney by Lee Cockerell (may seem weird, but I’ve always wanted to read this book)
PASTORAL EPISTLES (I’m going to begin studying 1-2 Timothy and Titus in my quiet times)*
- Entrusted with the Gospel: Paul’s Theology in the Pastoral Epistles by Ray Van Neste
- The Pastoral Epistles: A Commentary on the Greek Text (New International Greek Testament Com (Eerdmans)) by George W. Knight
- Word Biblical Commentary Vol. 46, Pastoral Epistles by Robert H. Mounce
- Evangelical Dictionary of Theology (Baker Reference Library) by Walter A. Elwell
- The Gospel According to Jesus: What Is Authentic Faith? by John F. MacArthur
- Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview by James Porter Moreland, William Lane Craig
- Christ-Centered Worship: Letting the Gospel Shape Our Practice by Bryan Chapell
- Worship Matters: Leading Others to Encounter the Greatness of God by Bob Kauflin
- New American Roget’s College Thesaurus in Dictionary Form (Revised &Updated) (Signet Reference) by Philip D. Morehead (Author)
*Indicates category that I am most interested in reading.
By the way, a big thanks to Danny Akin who prepared “Building a Theological Library,” from where I found multiple, helpful suggestions.